Success is not achieved by default - there are no guarantees.
For most of us, success is a byproduct of consistent, persistent and deliberate action.
Give yourself permission to fail … a LOT.
Lodging Leaders sat down with President & CEO, Dawn Berry, to discuss why it's okay to ...
Fail a Thousand Times and Be Cause in the Matter with Dawn Berry
Dawn Berry is President and CEO of PHD Hospitality, a full service asset management, design and development company based in Scottsdale, AZ. In just 10 years, PHD has operated, owned or managed a portfolio of up to 23 properties under management in 11 states.
In 2015, PHD Hospitality ranked #85 in the Hotel Business Top 100 Management Companies report.
Prior to launching the PHD Hospitality brand in 2006, Dawn spent the majority of her career climbing the ranks within Hilton Hotels Corporation, across the country, from Focused Service to Full Service and capping off her tenure as Vice President of Brand Management for Hilton Garden Inn.
Dawn talks about ...
- The recession that began less than three years after she formed PHD, and the incredible actions she took during those challenging times that are still paying off today.
- Integrity, walking the talk, and doing what you say you’re going to do. And, when you don’t, owning it.
- Transparency, being honest and building trust, and why admitting faults and mistakes makes it safe for your team to do the same.
- Culture and employee engagement – and she shares several actionable ways she connects with her team at the corporate and property level.
- Failing a thousand times, and creating the space and freedom to make mistakes and try new things. As Thomas J. Watson said, “If you want to succeed, double your failure rate.”
- Being Cause in the matter, and doing everything with a purpose.
Listen to Dawn's full interview here!